Question Of The Day

Welcome Back to the 2012 - 2013 School Year. Let's make this your best school year ever!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Open House Wednesday 9/10/08 6:00-7:30

Welcome to 7th and 8th Grade Science!

I am really excited to be starting my second year at NGMS, and I look forward to getting to know my students and their families better. Here is a little info for you about my classes, clubs and ways to contact me.

7th Grade – A majority of the time we will be exploring the life sciences this year. We will be learning more about plants, cells, biomes, ecosystems, anatomy and yes they will be dissecting frogs in the spring. They are really excited about that. We will also be touching on some earth and physical science as we prepare for the ISAT’s in the spring. All 7th grade students take the science section this year. Our students did awesome last year and I was really proud of them.

8th grade – Welcome back! This year will be spending our time in the area of Earth Science. Some of the topics we will be discussing are the atmosphere, weather, minerals and rocks, astronomy, plate tectonics, natural disasters, and environmental issues.

Both classes will also be reading and discussing current science topics in the news in what I like to call Science Fridays. We will be taking articles from newspapers and the internet and tying it into what they are learning. My goal is to make them well informed citizens and ready to tackle issues in our ever changing world. I hope you will ask them what they have been learning and share with them things you have heard or read about in the news.

I am also sponsoring two clubs this year. Science and Nature Club which was a big hit last year and we had a lot of fun and also Science Fair. If you child is interested in either of these please have them sign up. For those who what to design and present a science project we will have a Science Fair in late January and for those who place first an opportunity to go to the Regional Science Fair in Springfield and possibly the State Science Fair in May. Both Clubs are a lot of fun and I really enjoy spending the time with our kids.

OK the contact information:

m-baumann@northgreene.com

www.ngmsbaumann@blogspot.com

or call 589-4623 (school) or my cell 217-248-6400


Here is to a wonderful school year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey my mom said that you are a wonderful person and seem like a great teacher too. My sis told me that she likes your husband as a teacher too!!!

Owl Pellets

Owl Pellets